Hospice can be intimidating for patients, families, and caregivers, particularly when you do not understand it. Here are a few facts that will give you peace of mind as you make this decision.
- Patients with advanced conditions qualify for hospice. No matter their age, belief, or condition, Angel Hands supports anyone whose illness has progressed.
- Hospice is not a location. We will come to a patient’s home or work in an inpatient setting.
- Hospice is a choice. Patients choose hospice and have the option to leave and return if they need it. There is no time limit.
- Hospice continues treatment. We will continue treatment that improves the quality of life and administer medications that increase comfort.
- Hospice does not cost as much as you think. We provide many of the supplies, and Medicare and insurance cover most expenses.